Shared hosting pros and cons
Shared hosting is good in some ways but it is also bad in some cases. Let’s find out shared hosting pros and cons.
- Easy to work with, don’t need much Linux skills.
- Can easily copy large resource such as bulk of image files from this website to another one since they are using the same Linux machine.
Actually, I have a few websites to setup and for my own experience, I think they have these following cons:
- When you get good traffic, shared hosting seems doesn’t work well. So, you want a lot of people access to your website with a cheap price? No way.
- Installation of each website should be seperated from the others. Why?
- Once you get hacked, all websites of yours are done.
- When you do installation, or need to change some files in the system. If you do something carelessly, you may delete, copy the wrong files.
- Some incorrect configuration may affect to other sites. This may comes from plugin, .htacess file, etc.